“Using Excel and Access together for great results”
Helen Feddema, editor of Access Watch, shows you many different ways to exchange data between Access data and Excel worksheets.
There are up to seven different ways to exchange information between the programs. Access Archon: Working with Excel goes through all of them discussing the advantages and disadvantages.
“This has been a valuable resource for me. Thanks for writing the book.” – Patrick J B., Cost Estimator, Fresno CA
Access is a great database, Excel is a great worksheet and sometimes you have to copy or connect information between them. Access Archon: Working with Excel shows you how.
Each method is covered in detail, with sample code where necessary.
Finally, Helen gives tips on debugging your VBA code. These aren’t your usual simple tips but real world advice from someone who has been working with Access and Excel for well over a decade.
• Seven ways to get data from Access to Excel, depending on your need.
• Six ways to get data from Excel to Access, depending on your need.
• Pros and Cons of each method
• A complete example of exporting data from Access to Excel, and then reimporting new data back into Access from a filled-in worksheet.
• Design techniques for a more useful and attractive main menu for any Access database.
• Code and details for Access & Excel 2002 (XP) through Access & Excel 2010
• Access debugging tips from an expert
• Over 55 pages of original content