Dictation and Read Aloud in Office, 2022 edition is all about the much improved features in Word and Office to convert your speech into text (Dictation) or speak document or email text to you (Read Aloud or Speak) plus lesser known extras like Transcribe and Voice Recording.
- Microsoft 365 / Office 365 for Windows and Mac.
- Office 2021, LTSC 2021, Office 2019 and earlier versions
- Windows 11 and 10
- Apple macOS, iPad, iPhone.
- Android smartphones and tablets
- Full Color
- over 135 pages
- Fast find, table of contents with links
- PDF format compatible with Windows, Mac, Apple and Android tablets and pretty much anything else including, of course, iPads!
Dictation and Read Aloud in Office goes in-depth with these audio features across many platforms:
- Mac computers
Over 135 pages, full color with table of contents and fast searching.
Read Aloud is mainly in Word and Outlook though there’s some use in Excel. It reads aloud the text in a document or spreadsheet for Microsoft 365 and Office 2021/LTSC and Office 2019
- It’s commonly used for proofing a Word document based on a paper document. Let Office read aloud the document while you follow along with the original.
- It’s especially handy in Excel when you’re trying to check a paper table against a spreadsheet copy.
- Give your eyes a rest from reading a document by listening to it instead. Read Aloud is available on smartphones so you can listen while driving.
The ebook also explains the older Speak feature for Office 2016, Office 2013 and Office 2010.
Dictate is also mostly useful in Word and Outlook. It converts your spoken words into text on the document or email in Microsoft 365 for Windows, Mac, iPhone, iPad and Android.
- If you like writing a first draft longhand, use Dictate to convert your handwritten notes into a document. Just read your notes into Word!
- Dictate has voice commands to format text and insert special symbols. There’s a whole chapter listing the Dictate Voice Commands with notes on some peculiarities and special cases.
- Outlook has extra voice commands to add recipients, @ mentions and finally send an email.
- OneNote has Dictation features in Windows and Android apps plus browser version.
- iPhone and Android devices have voice recording with automatic transcription.
Microsoft 365 extras
Transcribe is the little known way to make a Word document transcript from the recording of a meetings, lectures etc.
Outlook voice commands — use your voice to add To/CC/BCC, Subject and finally “Send Email”
Word online – use Dictation in your browser
Before using Read Aloud or Dictate, the speakers or microphone must be setup properly. That’s not always easy in Windows so we’ve added sections on troubleshooting speakers, headphones and microphones.
How Office really works
Office-Watch.com won’t just give you the official, overly simplistic, line. We go beyond that to explain how Office really works.
It’s the combined experience of over twenty years at Office-Watch.com helping everyone from individuals and families through to schools and businesses.