Office for Mere Mortals helps people around the world get more from Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. Delivered once a week. free.
A new way to reduce the size of the 2010 ribbon.
Way over on the right side of the Office 2010 ribbons there’s a new button.
Click on the up arrow and the ribbon will minimize, leaving only the tabs.
This isn’t a new feature, for Office 2007 has smart ribbon minimization, as we’ve mentioned before in Make the Office 2007 ribbon go away
Presumably Microsoft has decided that people haven’t realized that the ribbon can be reduced – this little button is an effort to make that feature more obvious.
The existing ribbon minimize shortcuts remain:
- Double-clicking on any tab
- Ctrl + F1 key combination
- Office 2013 on sale
- Vertical Ribbon in Office 2007 or Office 2010
- Outlook essential shortcuts
- Ribbon customization in Office 2010
- Office 2010 ‘enters’ Technical Preview
- Under the Office 2010 ‘Office’ button
- A free way to give Office 2007 the classic look
- Make the Office 2007 ribbon go away
- Office 2007 – new look – same shortcuts
- Fluent Shortcuts in Office 2007
- What is the Fluent interface?
Office Watch has the latest news and tips about Microsoft Office. Independent since 1996. Delivered once a week.