Office for Mere Mortals helps people around the world get more from Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. Delivered once a week. free.
A clever, compact alternative to regular business cards.
We’ve become quite attached to Squiz Cards, a small and clever alternative to standard business cards.
Mary-Jane Almer co-author of some Office Watch ebooks put us on to Squiz cards. They are 2 2/8” x 1 2/8” (53mm x 28mm), less than half the size of standard cards. They come with a glossy finish which is water-proof and looks good.
They are great for personal or occasional use, for example instead of writing your contact details on a stray piece of paper. With a good design they are eye-catching and become a talking point in themselves.
The keyring dispenser is very convenient and may be free with your first order.
There are ready-made templates available for you to add text or you can make your own Squiz Cards using a personal image. The online editor is fairly comprehensive or you can make the entire design offline and upload a single JPG with image and text complete.
- Use your own artwork, maybe use a travel photo as Peter did with his photo from Easter Island
- Something with a feature image plus empty space for text.
- It’s best if the image covers the entire background – don’t rely on the image background exactly matching a default card background (it probably won’t).
- Note the FAQ comments about uploading high quality images and ‘bleed’ margin. http://support.squizcards.com/home?page=2
- As always, with online ordering of custom items – check and recheck everything before committing your design to purchase.
50 single-sided cards cost US$17.95 including postage with the per-unit price dropping for larger orders. There are prices in Sterling, New Zealand and Aussie dollars. Squiz will ship worldwide.
Office Watch has the latest news and tips about Microsoft Office. Independent since 1996. Delivered once a week.