A different Office for Mac option now in beta
SoftMaker Office is moving into the Macintosh world with the public beta/preview of Office 2018 for Mac.
Softmaker is a German based company that already makes Office suite software for Windows, Linux and Android.
The Office for Mac suite contains a word processor, TextMaker 2018. The spreadsheet PlanMaker 2018 and presentation application Presentations 2018.
It uses DOCX, XLSX and PPTX file formats natively, SoftMaker Office 2018 promises seamless compatibility with Microsoft Office.
The Mac software can be installed to a USB memory stick. So you could run the apps without taking up more precious Mac hard disk space.
The Office 2018 for Mac preview is available now from www.softmaker.com
Highlights of Office 2018 for Mac, according to the makers:
- Seamlessly compatible with Microsoft Office thanks to the native use of the Microsoft file formats DOCX, XLSX and PPTX
- User interface to work with either ribbons or classic menus and toolbars
- Integrated address database
- Ability to export to PDF, HTML and the EPUB e-book format
- Extensive graphics editing and desktop-publishing functions
- More than 350 mathematical functions, more than 80 chart types in 2D and 3D
- Data analysis with pivot tables, scenarios, goal seek, AutoFilter and special filters
- A large variety of OpenGL-based slide transitions and animations
- Supports installation on a USB stick
- Berlitz dictionaries
Office Watch has the latest news and tips about Microsoft Office. Delivered once a week.