Outlook 2003, CMS and WSS get more hotfixes for ‘new’ bugs.
Microsoft has released two more ‘hotfixes’ for Outlook 2003 bugs plus two patches for Content Management Server 2002 and a time zone update for Sharepoint.
These patches are in addition to the patches for Office 2003, Excel 2003, PowerPoint 2003 and Word 2003 we mentioned a few days ago in Office 2003 hotfixes galore.
These ‘hotfixes’ are temporary and ‘not fully tested’ updates.
Only install them if you have the specific problem mentioned and you need a patch now. It’s better to wait for a properly tested update whenever possible.
If you need one of these patches, use the “View and request hotfix downloads” link at the top of the Microsoft support web page linked below. Fill in your email address and a download link for the hotfix will be sent to you.
Each patch has a name, being the name of the .msp patch file.
Engmui.msp, Olkintl.msp dated April 28, 2009
- “In Outlook 2003, you have an Outlook add-in installed to open a Microsoft Office Word document. However, if Office Communicator is running at the same time, you cannot use the add-in.
- Outlook is configured to load an exception security form. However, when you start Outlook 2003 in cached mode, only the default security settings form is loaded.
This problem occurs in the following language versions of Outlook 2003: English, German, French, Spanish, Japanese, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, Korean, Brazilian, Czech, Danish, Polish, Portuguese (Brazil), Portuguese (Portugal), Russian, Italian
- You add more than two Personal Distribution Lists (PDLs) to an e-mail message. Or, you add two PDLS and a recipient address from a shared contact folder of another user to an e-mail message. When you try to send the e-mail message in this scenario, you receive the following error message: An unexpected error has occurred
Olkintl.msp, Svemui.msp dated April 28, 2009
On a computer that is running Microsoft Office Communicator, you start one of the following versions of Office Outlook 2003: Swedish, Danish, Norwegian.
Then, in Windows Internet Explorer, you click a link on a Web page that opens an Office Word document. When you do this, Internet Explorer seems to stop responding. If you exit Communicator, Internet Explorer starts responding again.
Content Management Server 2002
CMS2002SP2OUEN.msp, CMS2002SP2OUDE.msp, CMS2002SP2OUFR.msp, CMS2002SP2OUJA.msp dated April 28, 2009
See 968439 for details
Cms2002sp2oude.msp, Cms2002sp2ouen.msp, Cms2002sp2oufr.msp, Cms2002sp2ouja.msp dated April 28, 2009
See 968691 for details
Windows Sharepoint Services 2
Sts.msp, Stsintl.msp dated April 28, 2009
This is a time zone update for WSS2 details
- More Office 2007 patches
- Office 2003 hotfixes galore
- Office 2003 support declining
- Is Office 2003 Service Pack 2 dead?
- Traps in Office 2003 Service Pack 3