Office 2016, 2013 and 2010 updates for September 2018
Office for Mere Mortals helps people around the world get more from Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. Delivered once a week. free.
A small collection of non-security patches for Microsoft Office in September 2018.
As usual, all these updates should come to you automatically. Non-subscriber / perpetual licence users can download individual patches if necessary but auto-update should handle it for you.
The update for Microsoft Outlook 2016 introduces the following improvements:
- Fixes a crash in Outlook 2016 when switching from Mail to Calendar while running a screen reader.
- Click here to view more on Microsoft Exchange link was not displayed for folders that don’t sync all content on systems with multiple Exchange accounts that share credentials.
- Outlook 2016 may only try the primary Exchange Web Service endpoint even if multiple are configured.
- BCC recipients were not displayed in Outlook EML files with BCC recipients.
- Translation improvements for the Spanish and Czech versions of Outlook 2016.
Patching the patch
KB4022233 is a fix for an earlier bug fix. “If you filter data for a chart with a data time axis by unselecting a data label in the Horizontal (Category) Axis Labels area in the Select Data Source dialog box, some other data labels in the chart other than the unselected one may disappear. ”
It’s an example of how complicated software patching can be. This bug occurred after installing KB4018387, which itself was a bug fix caused by a security bug patch. Everyone involved hopes this is the end of the chain <sigh>.
KB3114853 is a tiny feature improvement. ” Assume that you have more than one shape on a chart in a chart sheet. With this update, you can format as many shapes at the same time as you select by using the Format Ribbon. ”
KB4032237 – “Assume that you receive an Information Rights Management (IRM) protected email message and it contains an attachment. When you save the attachment to a disk, it can’t be saved.”
- Improves the Czech translation of Tell me suggestions in Outlook 2016.
- Improves the Danish translation of the Accessibility commandin the Review Ribbon in OneNote 2016 and Word 2016.
- Improves the Swedish translation of the Accessibility commandin the Review Ribbon in Word 2016.
- Improves the Czech translation of the Flag: Due Dateflag in the View Ribbon in Outlook 2016.
KB4092446 fixes the Danish translation of the Accessibility command in the Review Ribbon in PowerPoint 2016.
KB4022215 — fixes flickers of the ribbon or status bar in Office when frequently changing the cursor in the document canvas when using add-ins or macros that call Application.ScreenUpdating.
KB4018371 and KB4011670 are related. ” Users in a SharePoint Online tenant will no longer receive authentication prompts each time they access Office files by users from a different tenant.” “Also translation improvements for the Czech version of Outlook 2016.”
KB4022233 – Some data labels in charts may disappear if data labels are unselected. Also fixed in Office 2016, see above.
KB4092469 — Fixes an issue which prevented attachments from being saved to disk when the email message was protected by Information Rights Management (IRM). Also fixed in Office 2016, see above.
KB4092457 — The update for Skype for Business 2015 (Lync 2013).
KB4092436 — installs the MT Extra font in Office 2010 so that math equations created by Microsoft’s Equation Editor — which is no longer supported — can be displayed.
This MT Extra font update was fixed for Office 2013 users last month
Office Watch has the latest news and tips about Microsoft Office. Independent since 1996. Delivered once a week.