Amazon UK is offering Microsoft 365 Personal at about £30 less than the usual price for both new and renewing customers.
There are a few peculiarities about the offer, we’ll explain those below but the basics are:
- Microsoft 365 Personal (one user)
- New or renew/extend existing plan
- Regular price £59.99 inc VAT for 12 months from Microsoft direct.
- Amazon UK special price is £45.19 for 15 months of Microsoft 365 Personal.
- That’s a saving of about £30 on the equivalent full price for 15 months ( £75)
- We do NOT get affiliate commission from Amazon.
- Discounts on the Personal plan aren’t common.
- To get the 15 month price, choose to bundle with either McAfee or Norton 360 subscriptions.
- As we’ve suggested in the past, buy the combined deal and ignore the extra software.
- If you choose the ‘without offer’ option, the price is about the same but the product changes to a year of M365 Personal instead of 15 months.
As we said, there are few little tricks in this deal.
The default offer is the same price but includes three months of either McAfee or Norton security software for no extra cost. The title includes a typo with the ’12 months’ as well as 15 months.
Regular readers know what we think of third-party security software and these ‘foot in the door’ offers. Our standard advice is to ignore this software since Windows 11/10 have quite adequate anti-virus and security included.
Ignore the extra software
Take a good offer for Microsoft 365 plus security software if the price is good for Microsoft 365 alone. Just ignore the extra software. Scroll down a little and you’ll see choices to take Microsoft 365 with McAfee or Norton.
‘Without Offer’. The price drops little but the product changes to a year instead of 15-months.
Check the price and product carefully before ordering. Both can change at any time and without warning.
The discounts we’ve shown above is based on the UK price for Microsoft 365 of £59.99 which hasn’t changed for some time.
The large discount Amazon quotes is based on the full retail price of both Microsoft 365 Personal and the security software subscription.
Despite that misquotation, the offer price is good. Microsoft 365 Personal for 15-months would cost a shade under £75 (if Microsoft sold it). Grab the Amazon offer while you can to extend your existing Microsoft 365 plan.
Extend your Microsoft 365 for less
It’s nice to see Microsoft and Amazon are now confirming publicly what Office Watch has been telling its readers for years: “Purchase a new subscription and the new …. months will add to your currently remaining months”
Note: we do NOT get affiliate commission from Amazon.
Microsoft 365 discounts are rare but you can still save
Amazon’s fake problems are bigger than just Microsoft Office
Six simple steps for saving on renewals or first purchase of Microsoft 365
Microsoft 365 money saving roundup