There’s always another joke at the expense of Word’s spell checker.
We’ve noticed another one that will offend Democrats and Star Trek fans, perhaps in equal measure.
Type Klingon into Word 2007 or Word 2003 (US English) – you’ll get a red squiggly line. That’s bad enough – you’d think there were more Trekkies/Trekkers at Microsoft to have noticed that dictionary omission
Right-click on Klingon and see the first suggested alternative:
There you have it – proof at last of a link between Bill Clinton, Hillary Clinton and the most warlike species in Federation Territory. And it’s confirmed by Microsoft itself – so it must be true
Obviously we’re kidding – no complaints please.
Do you have a favorite MS Office spell check or thesaurus combination? Let us know and we’ll share them with Office Watch readers around the globe.
- iPhone blocked spellings in Word
- Why is an eighth grader smarter than Microsoft Word?
- Spell-checker pulps cookbook
- Office 2007 disables spelling checking in Outlook Express
- The Cheese Shop and Microsoft Word
- Palin isn’t in the Word dictionary
- Word 2003: Obama or Osama
- Word in the 2004 US Election
- The changing Word 2003 Thesaurus
- Making AutoCorrect – correct for you
- Office 2007 dictionary updates