A nice little surprise on the Windows 7 start menu.
Windows 7 has a nifty feature on the Start Menu – fly-out lists of recently used documents for many programs including, naturally, Microsoft Office.
Outlook doesn’t have ‘recently used documents’ so you’d think there’s no place for that feature – but obviously someone in the Outlook team had a better idea.
Outlook 2010 makes use of the fly-out menus in a clever way. Once you’ve started Outlook 2010 once, here’s what appears on the Win7 Start Menu:
so after a decade of Outlook / Windows development we’re getting a simple way to make new items or jump to Outlook views from the main Windows menu.
- Outlook 2010 – calendar preview of appointments
- Outlook 2010 – early impressions
- Windows 7 coming – should Office users bother?
- Outlook 2010 gets the ribbon interface
- Leaked! Images for Office 14 – the next Microsoft Office