June 2018 updates for Microsoft Office 2016 and Office 2013
Office for Mere Mortals helps people around the world get more from Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. Delivered once a week. free.
As usual, Microsoft has released non-security updates and bug fixes for Office 2016 and Office 2013 on the first Tuesday of the month.
A few caught our eye:
Late last year, Microsoft was caught out leaving a horribly vulnerable Equation Editor in Office for 17 years. A new patch restores the MT Extra font so equations made with the old Equation Editor can be viewed.
Another patch updates the translation of the English phrase “forwarding a meeting” for other languages.
All these patches should be installed into Office 2016 or Office 2013 for Windows automatically as part of the regular updating process.
Here’s the summaries, combined from Microsoft’s various web pages.
- KB4022156 Office 2016 — The update reduces latency and consumption for Microsoft Dynamics CRM add-ins, and adds support for the Dollar symbol as a supported delimiter to replace the pipe symbol in the UI.displayDialogAsync method.
- KB4022158— Office 2016 — Adds support for the value DisallowWinCredsToBePersisted under the Registry key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Common\Identity. Set it to 1 to not allow Security Support Provider Interface (SSPI) credentials to be persisted in Credentials Manager.
- KB4022159 Office 2016 – a typical Microsoft ‘grab bag’ of seemingly unrelated bug fixes into a single update.:
- When you export a document to PDF, lines drawn with a pixel-wide pen are drawn thicker than intended in some cases.
- This update improves the Danish translation for the Show command on the Analyzetab when you use a pivot table in Excel 2016.
- When you try to restore (by the Restore button) a file to an earlier version in version history in OneDrive or SharePoint Server, it does not work.
- This update improves the following translations in Outlook 2016:
- Ribbon hotkeys in Russian.
- The translation of Free in the Contact card in Swedish.
- Version history of documents is not displayed and you receive the following error message:
There was a problem getting version history.
- You can set the DisallowWinCredsToBePersisted registry key to disallow Security Support Provider Interface (SSPI) credentials to be persisted in credentials manager. To enable this feature, set the value of the registry key to DWORD 1 in the following location:
- KB4022193 Office 2016 — Enables the display of math equations created with Microsoft Equation Editor 3.0 which is no longer supported.
- Math equations that are created by Microsoft Equation Editor 3.0 are no longer supported. Such equations will not be displayed when the “MT Extra” font is missing from the local system. This update installs the “MT Extra” font to enable display of math equations that are created by Microsoft Equation Editor 3.0.
- KB4018370 Office 2016 Language Interface Pack — Improves translation about “forwarding a meeting” in Outlook 2016 for all languages.
- KB4011100 OneDrive for Business for Office 2016 — The update adds capabilities to OneDrive to take over the sync relationships of OneDrive for Business (groove.exe).
- same as KB3178712 for Office 2013.
- KB3178712 OneNote 2016 — The update fixes several issues in OneNote 2016:
- Unexpected deletion of class notebooks.
- Display of second authentication prompt after using Pin-based authentication.
- Fonts become YuGothic after changing the default font to other DBCS fonts.
- Audio and video recording does not work as expected.
- OneNote 2016 crash when opening, editing, or closing multiple embedded files.
- KB4022164 Project 2016 — The update fixes several issues in Project 2016:
- Fixes cause of the error message “These tasks can’t be linked because they’re already linked through another task chain”.
- Assignment values showing 100% instead of 0%.
- Large database when saving projects created by Project 2002 or Project 2003.
- Remaining cost is lost issue when splitting tasks.
- Crash in Project 2016 when Project-based COM add-in executes FileSave method.
- Fixes cause of the error “Sorry, we were unable to open your project. Please try again. If this happens again, contact your administrator”.
- Booking type is reversed from Committed to Proposed under certain circumstances.
- Gantt chart type view related crash.
- KB4022155— June 5, 2018, update for Skype for Business 2016
- KB 4294966 Skype for Business microphone volume is very low when you join a Skype call on a Lenovo Yoga920 laptop
- KB 4294967 Update meeting template to enable a quicker PSTN call for Skype for Business 2016
- KB 4294968 Orange dot without a count is shown for a conversation that has no unread messages in Skype for Business 2016
- KB 4294969 Outlook freezes when creating a Skype meeting in Skype for Business 2016 running in a terminal server session
- KB 4294971 Skype for Business 2016 or Skype for Business 2015 (Lync 2013) crashes in a Citrix-based VDI environment
- KB3178712 OneDrive for Business, Office 2013 — The update adds capabilities to OneDrive to take over the sync relationships of OneDrive for Business (groove.exe).
- KB4022171 Project 2013 — The patch fixes a crash issue in Project 2013 when deleting Gannt chart type views that have drawings, a related issue that may delete drawings from other views, and fixes the error message “Sorry, we were unable to open your project. Please try again. Is this happens again, contact your administrator” when trying to open enterprise calendars when connected to a Project Web App instance by using Chrome.
- KB4022186 Word 2013 — The update fixes a crash issue when loading legacy .doc files in Word 2013 and an indent issue when copying table cells from one row to another in Draft view.
- When you copy a table cell in a row and paste it to a table cell in another row in the Draft view in Word 2013, the value of Indent from leftis increased by 0.08 in Table Properties
- When you open a legacy .doc file that’s created by a third-party application in Word 2013, Word 2013 crashes.
- KB4022170update for Skype for Business 2015
Office Watch has the latest news and tips about Microsoft Office. Independent since 1996. Delivered once a week.