Here’s a summary of the July non-security updates for Office 2016, Office 2013 and Office 2010.
These updates should be automatically installed via Microsoft Update or you can apply them manually.
Install them now if there’s a listed bug you need fixing, otherwise play it safe. Leave some time for any bugs in the patches to be
They do NOT apply to ‘Click to Run’ installs of Office, mostly Office 365.
Office 2016 updates
Word 2016 KB4475521
- When you reply or forward an email message that contains a table in Outlook 2016, if you copy and paste data into the table with the Keeping Text Only option, the table will become wider than before.
- When you copy and paste a text with four trailing spaces into a document in the Korean version of Word 2016, Word 2016 crashes.
- Fixes a reliability issue in Word 2016 when you configure Word to use an Input Method Editor (IME).
- Fixes an issue in which Outlook 2016 crashes when an incoming email message contains a table.
- Fixes a reliability issue in which Outlook 2016 randomly crashes.
Office 2016 (KB4032236)
Updates the Emoji font ‘Segoe UI Emoji’ to fix problems with Office 2016 on Windows 7
Office 2016 (KB4464582)
A hang occurs when you open an Office document that references a nonexistent template.
Update for Microsoft Word 2013 (KB4475525)
fixes an issue in which Outlook 2013 crashes when an incoming email message contains a table.
Update for Microsoft Filter Pack 2.0 (KB3114879)
improves security and stability for the Office 2010 Filter Pack.
Update for Microsoft Office 2010 (KB3114397)
adds support for the new Japanese era name character in the IME Pad software keyboard of Japanese Input Method Editor (IME).
Office Watch has the latest news and tips about Microsoft Office. Independent since 1996. Delivered once a week.