Office for Mere Mortals helps people around the world get more from Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. Delivered once a week. free.
Back in 2014, Microsoft made Office 365, including Office software, available to many US students. The same program is now available globally.
If the school buys Office software for their faculty and staff, the students get free Office 365 accounts.
The program now covers, among many, 1.1 million students in New York City, all students in Hong Kong, 5.5 million in Australia, 7m each in Germany and Brazil and a staggering 1.3 million at Anadolu University in Turkey.
If the student and school qualify they can get an Office 365 account which has:
- Office software (Windows or Mac) on up to 5 computers. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Access and Publisher.
- Office mobile software on up to 5 mobile devices (Apple, Android or Windows).
- Office Online – the web browser versions of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and OneNote.
- OneDrive with 1TB online storage.
The school should be able to tell students if they qualify or you can check online:
- Students–Go to office.com/getoffice365 and enter a school-provided email address.
- Teachers–Go to office.com/teachers and enter your school-provided email address.
Hebrew and Arabic languages versions will be available from mid-March 2015. Self-sign up not available in China.
Office Watch has the latest news and tips about Microsoft Office. Independent since 1996. Delivered once a week.