Apple’s office compatible apps are now free.
Buried in the new iPhone hype was some interesting news for anyone editing Office documents on iPhone or iPad.
The ‘iWork’ apps are now free on new devices. That’s Pages (word-processing), Keynote (presentations) and Numbers (spreadsheet). Each app cost $9.99 in the past and still does for existing Apple device users.
The new deal only applies to devices activated after 1 Sept 2013 that have iOS v7 installed (iOS 7 is now available for download).
iPhoto and iMovie apps are included in the same offer.
Like many of these office-like apps, iWork is locked into one cloud storage system (Apple’s iCloud).
- Office for iPhone v1.2 secrecy
- Secret Office Mobile for iPhone update
- Editing Office documents with Evernote
- Skydrive to be renamed
- Office for Android
- iPhone blocked spellings in Word
- Why Office for iPhone will never be any good
- Office for iPhone – not for all subscribers
- Office Mobile, SkyDrive and saving documents
- Office for iOS tied to Office 365
- CloudOn – office documents on your iPad
- Office for iPad – has to work offline as well
- Skydrive and Google Drive
- Nook Color does Office docs
- MS Office coming to the Apple iPhone