Office for Mere Mortals helps people around the world get more from Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. Delivered once a week. free.
Details on the many downloads that make up Office 2007 SP2 plus 8 for server software.
Details on the many downloads that make up Office 2007 SP2, plus the uninstall tool, and more download options for server software.
Our advice is the same this time as for past Office Service Packs. Prudent Office 2007 users should wait a few weeks before applying Office 2007 Service Pack 2, in case any (euphemistic) ‘issues’ come to light from other people finding out the hard way.
Corporate managers should be very aware of the delay in starting Outlook 2007 the first time after applying SP2. The delay could be up to 20 minutes depending on the size of the PST/OST files and speed of the computer. If SP2 is applied to an entire organization at once there could be a notable decline in productivity and rise in help calls as staff fire up Outlook at the start of the next workday.
All the Service Pack 2 downloads are now available from Microsoft. Either download using the links below or using the automatic Microsoft Update.
The manual download option has some advantages:
- a considerable saving in bandwidth and time by downloading the updates once and applying to each computer in a home or office from the one download. Microsoft Update can download the same files for each computer.
- In the case of Office 2007 SP2 you start with a 290MB download which can quickly add up to a lot of time and bandwidth even for a few computers in a home.
- you can control exactly when and in which order the updates are applied.
A DVD with all the SP2 updates will be available from Microsoft, in some countries). The Office 2007 SP2 DVD links aren’t working as we type this however the prices for the SP1 DVD vary a lot and bear no relation to exchange rates. USA – US$3, UK – £5.56 Australia – AUD$16.45 Germany – €8. Better to download the updates in our view.
Update: there are, for no good reason we can see, SEPARATE downloads of updated ‘SP2’ Help files. Details and links at new Office 2007 help files available now
Office Suite 2007
Download from Microsoft. 290MB Only download Office service packs and patches from Microsoft.com.
Service Pack 1 is NOT required before applying Service Pack 2.
The same download will update all Office 2007 bundles and individual products namely:
- Office Basic 2007
- Office Enterprise 2007
- Office Home and Student 2007
- Office Professional 2007
- Office Professional Plus 2007
- Office Small Business 2007
- Office Small Business Management 2007
- Office Standard 2007
- Office Ultimate 2007
- Word 2007
- Excel 2007
- PowerPoint 2007
- Outlook 2007
- Access 2007
- Publisher 2007
- InfoPath 2007
- OneNote 2007
See also the SP2 update for the Excel and Powerpoint 2007 Viewers under ‘Viewers’ below.
Calendar Printing Assistant for Outlook 2007
There is a separate download to update the Calendar Printing Assistant.
Office Language Packs
If you have any extra language packs for Office 2007 then you’ll need to apply this update as well.
Proofing Tools 2007
Office 2007 Proofing Tools 2007 Service Pack 2 download is here.
Language Interface Pack
Office 2007 Language Interface Pack Service Pack 2 download here.
Office 2007 SP2 UNinstall tool
For the first time you can uninstall a Office service pack using a special tool available from Microsoft. In the past, to get rid of a Service Pack you had to totally remove Office from the computer then reinstall it to the update level you want.
However the uninstall tool is a clumsy command line tool only, rather than the familiar uninstall system you’d expect. If you need to uninstall SP2 then read the instructions carefully and good luck.
SharePoint Designer 2007
Sharepoint Designer 2007 Service Pack 2 download is here.
SharePoint Designer 2007 language packs
If you have any extra language packs for SharePoint Designer 2007then you’ll need to apply this update as well.
Access Runtime and Data Connectivity Components 2007
Access Runtime and Data Connectivity Components 2007 Service Pack 2 download here
Project 2007 Service Pack 2 download is here.
Project 2007 language packs
If you have any extra language packs for Project 2007then you’ll need to apply this update as well.
Visio 2007 Service Pack 2 download is here.
See also the SP2 update for the Visio 2007 Viewer under ‘Viewers’ below.
Visio 2007 language pack
If you have any extra language packs for Visio 2007then you’ll need to apply this update as well.
InterConnect 2007 Service Pack 2 download here.
The free Office 2007 viewers also have SP2 updates.
Excel 2007 Viewer Service Pack 2 download here
PowerPoint 2007 Viewer Service Pack 2 download here
Visio 2007 Viewer Service Pack 2 download here
Windows SharePoint 3.0
There are separate downloads for x86 and x64 servers
Windows SharePoint 3.0 language pack
There are separate downloads for x86 and x64 servers
Office server products
The ‘back office’ server products related to Office 2007 also have Service Pack 2 updates namely:
- Search server
- Excel services
- Access services
- Project server
- Groove server
- Forms server
- Enterprise Content Management (ECM)
There are separate downloads for x86 and x64 servers plus a related pair of downloads if you have server language packs installed.
2007 Microsoft Office servers Service Pack 2
2007 Microsoft Office servers Language Pack Service Pack 2
- Office 2007 Service Pack 2 – some time on
- More Service Pack 2 problems
- How to uninstall Office 2007 Service Pack 2
- New Outlook 2007 hotfix
- Service Pack 2 bugs – real or imagined?
- New Office 2007 help files available now
- Office 2007 SP2 – what’s caught our eye
- Faster Outlook – what took them so long?
- Office 2007 update for other versions of Office
- Word 2007 Service Pack 2 – the official fix list
- PowerPoint 2007 Service Pack 2 – the official fix list
- Outlook 2007 Service Pack 2 – the official fix list
- OneNote 2007 Service Pack 2 – the official fix list
- Excel 2007 Service Pack 2 – the official fix list
- Access 2007 Service Pack 2 – the official fix list
- Office 2007 SP2 – changes and problems
- Office 2007 SP2 – list of fixes
Office Watch has the latest news and tips about Microsoft Office. Independent since 1996. Delivered once a week.