Office 2000, Office XP and Office 2003 users have an Office 2007 related update too.
There is an Office 2007 related update for Office 2000, Office XP and Office 2003 users.
We strongly suggest installing the’ Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack for Word, Excel, and PowerPoint 2007 File Formats‘ which let you open and save the Office 2007 document formats.
Better to have the compatibility pack installed and ready when you get a .docx .xlsx or .pptx file than to install it in a rush later.
Get that free download from Microsoft.
With the release of Office 2007 Service Pack 2 there is also Service Pack 2 update for the Compatibility Pack as well – available from here.
- New Outlook 2007 hotfix
- Office 2007 SP2 – what’s caught our eye
- Office 2007 Service Pack – downloads available now
- Office 2007 SP2 – list of fixes
- Problems opening ‘old’ documents
- Get the Office 2007 Compatibity Pack
- Office 2007 compatibility pack works
- Office 2007 document formats explained, part 1