Another little change in Outlook 2010 is the way an incoming appointment request is displayed.
Outlook has a great feature where people can email an appointment to you and you can respond with the details automatically added to your calendar.
In Outlook 2007 you see the details of the appointment plus a small text warning if there’s a conflict with an existing appointment:
Outlook 2010 makes the conflict more obvious by showing part of the calendar in the reading pane as a calendar preview:
Not only is the appointment conflict obvious, but you can see details of the day in question. You can scroll up/down the day’s appointments to see what’s going on.
For a non-conflicting appointment, the calendar preview is still displayed:
- 2011 Calendar contest
- Travel time add-in for Outlook
- Outlook 2010 – Save As Picture
- Outlook essential shortcuts
- Outlook 2010 – early impressions
- Outlook 2010 complaints – they’re right but too late
- Outlook 2010 inside Windows 7
- Outlook 2010 gets the ribbon interface
- Sharing an Outlook Appointment