Microsoft adds a bit more to the dying Technet.
Microsoft is closing its too popular Technet program but hopes to dull the pain with a three month bonus.
Over the next few weeks Technet subscribers should find their expiry date extend by three months.
To qualify your Technet subscription had to be
- Active as of September 1, 2013
- Expire on or before September 30, 2014
- Not been granted through the Volume Licensing program
It’s a nice touch but not really a proper replacement for what was a very useful scheme for developers and IT professionals to test a wide range of Microsoft software. The lame replacement with time limited evaluations isn’t good enough.
- Technet’s demise
- TechNet – get less, more uncertainty, but still useful
- TechNet reduces licences
- TechNet value for Office testers