Visio is coming to mobile devices, according to Microsoft. Apple, Android and Windows.
The Visio for iPad preview program was started last month. The app lets you view Visio diagrams that reach your iPad from email, OneDrive, OneDrive for Business and Sharepoint.
- View files from OneDrive, OneDrive for Business, or SharePoint – files received as email attachments
- Experience Pan and Zoom, which are optimized for a small touch screen
- Turn the visibility of layers on or off
- Copy the current view of a Visio diagram as an image and paste it in another app
- Share a Visio file as a link or attachment
- Find text in a shape
- Print a Visio diagram to a compatible AirPrint printer
At the Ignite 2016 conference, the company confirmed that Visio for Android and Windows devices is also on the drawing board.
When? Redmond isn’t saying. They have the usual ‘roadmap’ but the public timeline is vague with talking of 18 months to 2 years! Hopefully we won’t have to wait that long. Visio is currently hampered by the lack of mobile device support so it’s in Microsoft’s interest to get moving and get those mobile apps into our hands.