When did Office 2007 get a ‘Fluent’ interface?
In Office 2007 ads you may see mentions of the ‘intuitive new Fluent interface‘ …
‘Fluent’ is just the fancy name for the Office 2007 interface – ribbons, tabs, galleries etc. I guess the marketing people had a long lunch and decided that ‘the ribbon’ wasn’t enough. I thought the modern corporate practice was to make up a cool name for new technology, then develop the technology itself … this time the software development came first.
It means that most Office 2007 documentation still talks about ribbons etc with no mention of ‘Fluent’.
For us paying customers it’ll still be
- ‘the new Office 2007 interface’
- ‘that ribbon thing’
- ‘those damn big buttons that hide what I want’
- Office 2010 – a ribbon minimize option
- The Office 2007 ‘ribbon’ infests Windows 7?
- Fluent Shortcuts in Office 2007