How to recover files deleted from Dropbox storage
Dropbox retains deleted files for 30 days. You can see those files from the web site. Click on the ‘Show deleted files’ button top-right.
Click on the ‘open’ trash can to hide deleted files.
Click on a deleted file to see the options available.
You can Restore (undelete) the file.
‘Permanently delete’ should mean that all record of the file is removed from the Dropbox servers. However we now know it’s more likely that a copy is kept somewhere by a government agency
‘Previous Versions’ will show any modified versions of the file from the last 30 days.
- Drop Dropbox – why? when they’re all just as bad?
- Dropbox Alerts in Outlook
- Dropbox Camera Upload
- Sharing / Collaboration of documents via Dropbox
- Dropbox – looking at changes in files or folders
- Dropbox software
- Sending files using Dropbox
Office Watch has the latest news and tips about Microsoft Office. Independent since 1996. Delivered once a week.