If you’re thinking about getting Microsoft 365 email hosting with full Teams and SharePoint, Microsoft has a limited time offer this week only.
However, before you jump into their deal, there’s another very similar option that’s even cheaper.
Until 30 November 2020, Microsoft is offering 25% discount on their Business Premium service for small businesses. But there are some catches
- Only for the first 25 licences US$15 a month. For more you pay full price US20.
- Only for the first year, then it’s full price for all licences.
- US customers only.
- Only for the Premium package which can be more than many small businesses and organizations need.
It’s like a lot of ‘Black Friday’ deals, with a little research you discover that the offer isn’t that much of a saving.
Why get Business Premium?
The offer is for the upscaled Business Premium which has just two extra elements over the cheaper Business Standard plan
Both Microsoft 365 Business Standard and Premium have
- Full Office apps for Windows, Mac, iOS and Android – just like most Microsoft 365 plans.
- Exchange mailbox hosting for email, calendar and contacts
- Teams – with all the paid customer extras.
- OneDrive storage for each licence.
Business Premium adds in various protection, configuration and maintenance options:
- Azure Advanced Information Protection
For many small organizations, Business Standard is enough and costs less. US$12.50 per licence which is better than the discounted Premium plan, let alone the regular price.
Microsoft 365 Business Standard has a one-month free trial. The Premium plan has no trial option.
Compare before buying
Check out the range of Microsoft 365 hosted plans for small businesses here.