A quick way to type a ü tick or check mark character in Word.
Another great Autocorrect suggestion from Morris B.
” … the one that I have found the most useful is to replace ‘./’ with a tick (wingdings 252 – or wingdings 254) “
Using the fullstop/period is a clever Autocorrect prefix since that character isn’t usually followed by anything other than a space or a digit.
Morris’s suggestion is also good because the / character looks a bit like a tick, which makes it easier to remember.
Taking that idea a bit further ….
./ becomes ü
.] becomes J
.[ becomes L
The square brackets don’t require pressing the Shift key.
- CAPS Lock strike succeeds
- AutoCorrect memorable shortcuts
- AutoCorrect for larger blocks of text and more
- Autocorrect tips by degrees
- Quickly adding special characters