Microsoft asks customers for their best calendar designs.
Over at Office.Microsoft.com they are running a competition for the best calendar designs for 2011.
The competition is for 2011 calendars using either Word, Excel or PowerPoint (2007 or 2010 editions).
The entries appear online and the ‘winners’ will be based on the user ratings and download numbers.
We say ‘winners’ but there are no prizes specified so it seems that designers will have to settle for a warm inner glow of victory. There’s nothing wrong with that except that Microsoft benefits from the contest with an influx of new Office templates that it boast about to customers. Some exchange of value would be more appropriate so the people giving their time and expertise get something from Microsoft aside from a ‘pat on the back’.
Entries close on 29 September 2010.
Curiously, there’s no specific date on which ‘voting’ (via downloads and posting ratings) will close.
The winners will be announced on the week of 6th October.
- Outlook 2010 – calendar preview of appointments
- Easy invitations in Outlook
- Open Outlook calendar in its own window
- Adding an appointment from a web site
- Calendar printing problem fixed with Office 2007 Service Pack
- Syncing Outlook with Google Calendar
- Outlook Calendar tips
- Multiple Calendars in Outlook
- Google Calendar and Outlook